ORGANIC AGRICULTURE FARM Agriculture farming is nepal’s prime industry. Over 80% of Nepal families are working in agriculture . these farmer work hard in all conditions and for long hours. Despite their hard efforts, these farmers live in extreme poverty. Many farms in Nepal use chemical fertilizers and pesticides that other countries no longer support in order to increase productivity. Evidence suggestion that these unnatural farming methods are damaging to the earth , farming produce, and potentially humans that consume these products. They are bad for the ecosystem and could destroy the land. Organic Agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soils, ecosystems and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles adapted to local conditions, rather than the use of inputs with adverse effects . organic agriculture combines tradition , innovation and science to benefit the shared environment and promotes fair relationships and a good quality of life for all involved.
Role of volunteer
Depending on your interests and experience , you can get involved in any of the following areas:
Volunteer at the farm participate in general activities some of these activities will include:
- Nursery work : sowing seeds, filling bags, pricking, pruning.
- Reforestation work: planting ,weeding , mulching, staking, pruning.
- Prepare compost fertilizer for farm.
- Planning and harvesting crops.
- Must be at least 16 years or older at the start of the program.
- Have an open mind and flexible attitude towards working in new and different. Environments.
- Be prepared to do some manual work in their placement.
- For agriculture volunteer program project volunteer may need physical strength.
- You should have passion for farming and agricultural activity and knowledge about farming enquipment.